Every business owner has a vision of success. As your business coach, it’s my job to help you translate that vision into reality.
With more than 30 years of finance and operations experience under my belt, I understand what makes small business owners successful. Like a great athletic coach, I know the rules of the game and understand how it’s played. How to stay one step ahead of the competition and be nimble enough to adjust quickly to change.
Clients often call me when they need to fix a specific problem. But the true value of hiring me as your coach lies in looking at your business as a whole – and utilizing my expertise to create strategies and systems to deliver steady, sustainable growth.
My coaching process works like this:
Step 1: Defining Your "What."
It’s pointless to talk about how you’re going to change things before you’ve clearly defined your “what.”
We’ll spend time getting to the heart of what makes your business your business, and identifying what’s standing in the way of success.
Together we’ll answer questions like:
- What’s your end game?
- What constitutes success?
- What are the roadblocks to feeling – and being – successful?
- What resources do you need to achieve your goals?
Once we’re clear about where you’re headed and what’s preventing you from getting there, we can develop strategies to help you get “unstuck” and move your business forward – and tackle that four-letter word: P-L-A-N.
Step 2: Setting Strategies for Success
This step is often the most exciting – and the most challenging. It is also where you’ll cash in on working with an external advisor.
As your coach, my objective is to help improve the health and well-being of your business. I bring to the party a much-needed outside perspective. I ask the hard questions (and even call you on your stuff) as we dig in and do the difficult work of systemizing your business to improve performance and generate growth.
As a trusted member of your team, I collaborate with you and your staff to create the focus, define the resources, and put in place the processes you need to feel good about where your business is – and where you’re going to take it.
- We’ll take an honest look at your skills and abilities – and those of your team – and figure out what’s missing.
- We’ll set specific goals and targets to help you focus on generating specific results.
- We’ll plan ways to streamline your operations, improve organization and productivity, and help you keep pace with your growth.
- We’ll map out definitive strategies and systems to improve your company's cash flow, profits, and prospects for growth.
- We’ll look at ways to beef up your sales, marketing, and customer service to ensure that you’re connecting in the all right ways with your “right” customers.
Step 3: Measuring Results, Staying Flexible
With a tangible plan in place, we’ll consistently review and measure what’s working and what’s not. We’ll build on the successes and shift gears when necessary. So as your business changes – in three months, six months, two years – you can always answer the question: “What do I do next?”
Designing your business roadmap isn’t always a pretty process, but trust me when I say – you’ll thank me later.