If you cringe at the thought of setting business goals for 2020, you’re not alone.
Countless entrepreneurs struggle to define the future direction of their brands or businesses. Some have good intentions, but barely have a moment to think amid the obligations and stress of keeping their operation afloat. For others, strategic planning simply isn’t their strength.
Either way, the reality is that goal-setting is bloody hard to do. And most of us do not know where or how to start. There is a ton of information on goal-setting and countless examples of how to go about it. But here is my “secret sauce”:
KISS (keep it simple)!
These five easy steps make it a snap to set – and achieve – your 2020 business goals:
- Pick 3 to 5 things that are vital to your business growth and development in the new year. Don’t overthink this. Then ask yourself what needs to happen for you to get to these goals. Specific is terrific!
- Write them down. Immortalize them. Then implement the “who, what, when, where, how, and why” process.
- Let everyone on your team know what the goals are. Post them in a visible spot. Rally your troops around them by challenging them to create action items that support making these dreams a reality.
- Meet regularly (but no less than monthly) to gauge your progress. Keep in mind that slow and steady wins the race.
- When you hit your goals, have a party! Recognize how big this accomplishment is, and celebrate the victory with your team.
If you’re overwhelmed by day-to-day demands and struggle to see the big picture, maybe it’s time to enlist the services of a coach who will partner with you to strategically chart the future of your business. After all, it’s not just a new year, it’s a new decade – so let’s chat!